Extract from the the latest communication from the diocese with regards to the Pandemic
“The Covid pandemic continues to be at the forefront of everyones minds. Especially when the constant news headlines are currently around the Tier Levels (Local Restrictions), closing of businesses, loss of jobs and income. But this can also be a time when complacency can start to set in. Unfortunately even though we may all be at different stages of new measures from the government, it does not prevent the national and local authorities from undertaking visits to all the different types of businesses including our churches, church halls and schools. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have already visited schools and assessed their Covid secure measures and offering guidance and advice where necessary. Some local authorities have also deployed officers (as shown on national news) to businesses to assess Covid control measures that have been put in place, and also offering guidance and advice where necessary.
Please be aware that fines can and have been enforced on businesses and individuals where there are failings in control measures that are enforceable by law.
With this in mind (and I am sure you will have all this in hand and as it should be), please ensure that all the measures that were put in place in line with the checklists are still being fully undertaken for example:
• Sanitising (hand sanitising on entry/exit)
• Signage is displayed (Laminated where necessary)
• Cleaning regimes in place
• Cleaning checklist sheets displayed, If toilets are open cleaning checklists displayed, (please ensure you retain all historic checklists)
• PPE is being used and available (PPE Donning and Doffing posters in the area)
• Stewards are fully aware of their roles
• Ensure there is correct social distancing and signage displayed. There is to be a minimum of 1m social distancing with face coverings and where a face covering isn’t worn, then a minimum of 2m social distance should be maintained.”
Diocese of Leeds